Sunday 26 February 2017

#3 - Starbucks

Possibly the root of all evil. Starbucks has now taken every single teenager and made them believe that they are sophisticated just because they're sat in a coffee shop like in Friends. I just can't comprehend the thinking behind leaving your house, travelling in to town and then doing absolutely nothing for five hours. I hated it when my friends did it and never again will I just sit around complaining about things while sat down...well not in Starbucks anyway.

Why do people insist on paying so much for coffee when they can go down to their local cafe and get a coffee free with a fry-up for a not much more than just a coffee by itself (how much am I using the word coffee?).


Every time you walk past a Starbucks (other coffee chains are available) you can't help but notice the amount of people sat in there, laptops out, headphones in and typing away. I often wonder what these people are writing but those musings are quickly replaced by thoughts of, "how much money are you spending here?!" This can go one of two ways. Either you are spending far too much money when you have a perfectly good kettle at home or you are just advantage of the free wifi by purchasing the cheapest drink possible every three hours. Either way, just go home.
I remember a time when people used to be able to talk to each other while walking around or going from shop to shop, but apparently while humanity has been moving forwards Starbucks customers have taken a step back and now they are unable to hold a coffee/latte/cappuccino and walk somewhere at the same time.

Starbucks is not just ripping us off, it is taking away our freedom. If we don't stand up and say "I can buy a coffee for 40p and I can walk!" we will eventually be conquered by this evil company masking as a fairtrade coffee shop. But I ask you, is it fair to make people REALLY boring?

No comments:

Post a Comment